One hundred students from five different Brevard County locations including, Codecraft Lab in historic Eau Gallie, Gemini Elementary, Indialantic Elementary, Surfside Elementary, and Sabal Elementary, have participated in a 32 lesson Intro to Computer Science & Programming. We will celebrate their work and the work of other Codecraft Lab members at the 1st Annual Codecraft Lab Computer Science & Programing Competition.
- Games 2016 – Are you a gamer! Do you have what it takes to make an EPIC and ENGAGING game for your friends!?
- Animation & Story – storytelling is an age-old craft and they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Create a story that kids and adults alike connect with, and you could be a winner here!
- Educational or Instructional – Do you bake like nobodies business? Ciphers or Binary for breakfast? To make the grade here – as an expert in your areas, share your recipe and teach us the ins and out of your trade and make it fun!
- Champion of Change – “Be the change you want to see in the world” –Nelson MandelaBe a champion for a cause you care about and use your digital voice to raise awareness for the topics that are important to you!
- Best Use of Computer Science Concept – THIS is WHY we code! Computer programming makes efficiency, scale, speed, power, precision, and creativity all possible beyond manual effort. This project knows and shares this idea.
- Best In Show – This project is the clear winner – recognized again and again for its many merits.
We have AMAZING event sponsorship from Satcom Direct, Privicee, Ready. Set. Game!, Rockwell Collins, Rapid Prototyping Services, Power DMS, and Jaycon Systems.
The sponsors are providing Codecraft Lab workshops and summer camp gift certificates for each category winner, fun giveaways, and maker prizes, our award celebration food and drinks, as well as a one-year after-school membership to Codecraft Lab! This evening will also provide an opportunity for parents and kids finishing the intro course to hear about the next level of learning opportunities, meet some of the Codecraft Lab mentors, and see some of the amazing work done by “veteran” Codecraft Lab members.
Making this education available to any young person is something we are very excited about, and if your family or company would like to help us in that effort, we invite you to donate online at https://www.codecraftlab.org/support-us, learn more about Codecraft Lab summer camps and curriculum, or to get involved visit codecraftlab.org or facebook.com/codecraftlab.
For more information about sponsorship, contact Shannon Landin at 321-209-4674 or email@example.com.